A George II parcel-gilt mahogany cabinet on stand. Originally attributed to Thomas Chippendale, 1755-1760.
The rectangular upper stage of the cabinet is surmounted by a canopy with an imbricated roof with rockwork and foliage finial on a canted rectangular support with paired columns. The corners, with foliate finials above and glazed door with scrolled acanthus concave arch, enclosing three shaped mahogany-veneered shelves with open fretwork interior divisions. These are flanked by glazed side sections surmounted by pagoda canopies with foliate finials and C-scroll supports above a pierced fretwork gallery and a door with geometric bead astragals. The sides have conforming glazed end-panels and enclose two shaped mahogany-veneered shelves. The stand has a blind fretwork frieze, enclosing three mahogany lined drawers. The cabinet rests on palm-wrapped square legs emerging from rockwork, with shaped foliage angle brackets on rockwork plinths.
Bespoke sizing, design adaptations and finishing available.
Enquiry about Kenure Cabinet