The Kenure cabinet a George II parcel-gilt mahogany cabinet on stand. Originally attributed to Thomas Chippendale, 1755-1760.
The rectangular upper stage surmounted by a canopy with an imbricated roof with rockwork and foliage finial on a canted rectangular support with paired columns, the corners with foliate finials, above and arched foliate-carved cornice and arched glazed door with scrolled acanthus concave arch formed of addorsed C-scrolls, with flowerhead-wrapped columns, enclosing three shaped mahogany-veneered shelves with open fretwork interior divisions, flanked by glazed side section surmounted by pagoda canopies with foliate finials and C-scroll supports above a pierced fretwork gallery, above a door with geometric bead astragals, the sides with conforming glazed end-panel and enclosing two shaped mahogany-veneered shelves, the stand with blind fretwork frieze, eclosing three mahogany lined drawers. On palm-wrapped square legs emerging from rockwork, with shaped foilage angle brackets, on rockwork plinths.
Share this Product